Saturday, June 20, 2009

Next!

The Pale Ale is complete and bottled. I got it down to a SG of 1.014. I would've liked for it to have pushed 1.012, and gotten a bit more dry, but it will do just fine. I had a small bit left over to have a taste, and I was pleasantly surprised. There's quite a bit of hop flavor to it, although I don't think it will be unbalanced once it's conditioned for a bit.

Now that the IPA is done (for the most part) conditioning, it does taste a bit better. There is more hop flavor than there was 2 weeks ago, but it's still not quite enough. I'm going to stick to adding a lot more late additions to the next IPA to make sure it has the correct flavor I want.

The Witbier turned out really nice. Apart from just a small bit of extract twang, it tastes exactly like it should, and I think it may be the first beer I made to style that really resembles the style. That in itself makes me much prouder of that beer.

No comments: