Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Cherry Wheat Transfer

Earlier today I transferred Jennifer's Cherry Wheat over to the secondary. The final gravity of the beer was measured at 1.014. This means the beer is at about 6% abv.

However, when I racked to secondary, I added another pound of cherries to help further sweeten and add more cherry flavor to the beer. This time, I didn't add all of the juices from the can, just the cherries. I did slice the cherries up a bit, but not too much. I wanted to let more flavor come out of the cherries, but not have a bunch of pieces of cherry floating around in the beer.

I'll let it sit for a good 2 weeks before I bottle it and get it ready for drinking. The SWMBO will be ready for it by that point. The baby should be all born and made by that point!

Meanwhile, in Hurricanes news: We're almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs! Even if we win out, there's still a slim chance we could not make the playoffs. Even with the teasing that we've gotten in the past two months, we were that much worse back in October and November that it didn't matter in the long run.

Perhaps next season, we won't get off to this horrible slow start that will haunt us later on in the the season. But, perhaps that's too much to ask...

No comments: