Monday, January 12, 2009

Brew Update!

Porter:

The Porter is currently in its second day in the Secondary Fermenter. Things are going well. The past couple of days I've been able to see little clumps of yeaties and other goodies going up and down as the brew ferments off the last bit of sugars. It's definitely not as exciting to watch as a Primary Ferementaion in a Carboy, but it's still fun.


As you can see in the second picture, there's a nice layer of dead yeast and proteins forming at the bottom of the carboy. This was my main reason for even using the Secondary Fermenter to begin with, just the clearing effects that it will have.


American Amber

My American Amber is coming along nicely as well and is bubbling vigorously. I can't wait to get it out of the bucket and into the Carboy to see it's color. It's promising to be much lighter than the Porter(being almost black), but I'd really like to see through it and see some light. I can't wait for the weekend! Here's a pic of the bubbler on the Primary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many brews do you have going? The revenuers may come a knocking! - Puck